Explore the beautiful bio diverse reserves and estates , and sample award winning wines and overnight in comfortable guest houses and farms. So many of the numerous vineyards scattered throughout the Hemel en Aarde valley offer walks through and across their farms and offer light lunches and meals with their vineyards best. Because its possible to do day walks with lunch stops or longer hikes of one day or longer with dinner and overnight accommodation at the wine estates or guest houses, self catering chalets or B&B’s. And all these options are tailor-made to suite fitness levels and special interest groups. Feel free to contact us for more options.
Babylonstoren Wine Walk
Wine tasting on a scenic valley stroll on farm roads and single track trails alongside the impressive Babylonstoren & Kleinrivier Mountains, through olive groves and vineyards.
- 9 km (3-4 hrs walking time)
- Easy-moderate walk
- Fynbos, vineyards and farms
- Tastings at Ataraxia and Spookfontein
- Lunch option at Spookfontein or nearby Moggs Country Cookhouse
Bouchard Fynlayson Experience
A fynbos & vineyard ramble from La Vierge hilltop through to Bouchard Finlayson Estate, the most awarded wine estate in the valley.
- 6-7 km (2-3 hrs walking time)
- Easy walk
- Protea fynbos, farm lands, Afromontane forest & vineyards
- Wine tastings at La Vierge & Bouchard Finlayson
- Deli platter (2 people sharing)
Sumaridge Estate Experience
Enjoy panoramic mountain views as we walk around the De Bos water supply dam for Hermanus, through vineyards, orchards and horse stud farms. Returning to the beautifully appointed Sumaridge tasting room to sample the estate wines.
- 6-7 km (2.5-3 hrs walking time)
- Easy -moderate walk
- Farms, fynbos, orchards and vineyards.
- Wine tasting at Sumaridge Estate
La Vierge Route
Start the adventure with a La Vierge wine tasting, enjoyed with a fabulous view of the Hemel & Aarde Valley wine valley. From here the trail winds through farmland and country roads to Sumaridge Wine Estate for another excellent tasting of the valleys best.
- 6 km ( 3-4 hr total time)
- Requires a later start time (from 10 a.m)
- Easy – moderate walk
- Wine tasting at La Vierge winery and Sumaridge Estate